Sunday 7 October 2012

Poems one can relate to





Between Dreams and Reality

Sweet aroma of unknown sensation
Wake me up with a sense of completion
Grasping the truth outside of these walls
Less attention to the formidable calls

I want to be this
Rather than that
I have one life to live
And that is the fact

My solid face breaks into a smile
Dignified, less magnified for a while
Feel like i could run a mile
Because determination reveals to me the profile

Yes, call me a dreamer
For as long as i could remember
We dream it before we become it
We hate it before we like it
At the end of the day
These two words meet

On my left the door is open
Masked opportunity
False pretension in a glance
On my right
The door is ajar
A narrow step through anonymity
Separated by chance

I choose one
Whilst reaching for the other
An illuminant shade of relieve passes
Once i reach the hinges
Then I find my cover

The truth is
I don't have the key to both doors
Willing as I'm to find it
I will stress myself to hold it
Confess my wealth to afford it
Depress my health to turn it
Time is of essence but my words are more

No, I'm not there yet
However I'm rather close
My plans are not all set
Although I must say I'm ready to go

For now where am I?
In the center of poverty and creativity
One life to live
That is the base of this journey
Somewhere.... oh somewhere
between Dreams and Reality


When Love unleashed Hell

Love is in the air when you first got married
They all stop and stare when we kissed in public
Little did they know this would soon fade
When i thought it would last a decade
I smiled, I laughed, I said I do
He chuckles, he winked and said I do too
Never knew the strong arms that held me
Would slowly beat me
Those tender lips that chorused sweet words to me
Would also whisper curses at me
Is this the price of marriage?
If it is then this is the dark age
I would never consider saying those three consuming words
'I love you' is a part of the odds
Now the i hear familiar the dreadful wedding bell
And know that Love unleashed hell


(Thoughts of a women who is a victim of Domestic Violence which is a very increasing problem in the Pacific and most parts of the world. Culture protects it and Christianity opposes it. The victim stands in a confusing realm. Love is not as it should be anymore) But should we blame Love or other forces?

Marry Me, Kill me

Jane: Peter?
Peter: What is it my dear?
Jane: I love you, Do you love me?
Peter: Yes i do and always will.
Jane: Will you hate me, even if I'm fat?
Peter: No, don't even think about that.
Jane: But will you look at me like you always do when we first met?
Peter: How could i not
Jane: Will you hit me?
Peter: No. I couldn't live with myself if i did.
Jane: Will you always share your secrets with me?
Peter: Always
Jane: Will you ever consider cheating on me?
Peter: Stop asking these questions. I will never do such a thing
Jane: Prove to me your love for me
Peter: I married you didn't I?
Jane: Will I be your only wife?
Peter: Why are you asking me this, of course
Jane: Can i trust you?
Peter: I can't see why not
Jane: That's all i need to know?
Peter: Honey that is all you need to know
Jane: What does that mean?
Peter: Nothing will come between us

 (Read the poem from the bottom going upwards and see how the true colors are displayed after a few years. Its not like this in some marriage but it is like this in many marriages)













No comments:

Post a Comment